By Marc Van De Mieroop
- Describes how Hammurabi handled strong opponents and prolonged his kingdom.
- Draws at the King’s personal writings and on diplomatic correspondence that has only in the near past develop into available.
- Explores the management of the dominion and the legacies of his rule, specially his felony code.
- Demonstrates how Hammurabi’s conquests irrevocably replaced the political association of the close to East, in order that he was once lengthy remembered as one of many nice kings of the past.
- Written to be obtainable to a basic audience.
Read Online or Download King Hammurabi of Babylon: A Biography (Blackwell Ancient Lives) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
Within the wake of the 2004 election, pundits have been surprised at go out polling that confirmed that 22% of citizens suggestion 'moral values' was once crucial factor at stake. humans on either side of the political divide believed this used to be the major to victory for George W. Bush, who professes a deep and abiding religion in God.
In 1821, on the age of seventy-seven, Thomas Jefferson made up our minds to "state a few memories of dates and evidence relating myself. " His ancestors, Jefferson writes, got here to the USA from Wales within the early 17th century and settled within the Virginia colony. Jefferson's father, even if uneducated, possessed a "strong brain and sound judgement" and raised his relatives within the a long way western frontier of the colony, an adventure that contributed to his son's eventual staunch safety of person and nation rights.
On may perhaps 22, 1863, after failed makes an attempt to take the town of Vicksburg through attack, significant common Ulysses S. furnish declared in a letter to the commander of the Union fleet at the Mississippi River that “the nature of the floor approximately Vicksburg is such that it will possibly purely be taken by way of a siege. ” The 47-day siege of Vicksburg orchestrated through supply led to the eventual hand over of town and fulfilled a big strategic target for the Union: command of the Mississippi River for the rest of the warfare.
By way of the Founding Fathers, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and Alexander Hamilton are regularly thought of the good minds of early the USA. George Washington, as an alternative, is toasted with accolades concerning his reliable good judgment and energy in conflict. certainly, John Adams as soon as snobbishly brushed off him as "too illiterate, unlearned, unread for his station and acceptance.
- Franco: Anatomy of a Dictator
- Warren G. Harding & the Marion Daily Star: How Newspapering Shaped a President
- George Washington: Foundation of Presidential Leadership and Character
- Winston S. Churchill: World in Torment, 1916–1922 (Volume IV) (Churchill Biography Book 4)
- Abraham Lincoln Civil War Stories: Heartwarming Stories about Our Most Beloved President
- The Field Campaigns of Alexander the Great
Extra info for King Hammurabi of Babylon: A Biography (Blackwell Ancient Lives)
King Hammurabi of Babylon: A Biography (Blackwell Ancient Lives) by Marc Van De Mieroop
- Download e-book for iPad: Storms Over the Presidency (The Thomas Fleming Library) by Thomas Fleming
- Writing the Modern City: Literature, Architecture, Modernity by Sarah Edwards,Jonathan Charley PDF