By Lauren Rosewarne
Written via knowledgeable in media, pop culture, gender, and sexuality, this publication surveys the typical archetypes of net users—from geeks, nerds, and avid gamers to hackers, scammers, and predators—and assesses what those stereotypes demonstrate approximately our culture's attitudes relating to gender, know-how, intimacy, and identity.
• offers exhaustively researched and richly targeted information regarding the interaction among media representations of net clients and gender, politics, know-how, and society that's interesting and enjoyable to read
• offers findings that recommend that during spite of the web being so ordinary, technophobia remains to be an inherent subtext of many popular culture references to it
• Considers how nearly all of the portrayals of web consumer stereotypes are male—and evaluates how those male-dominated roles form and are formed by means of renowned attitudes approximately sexuality, know-how, intimacy, and identity
• Written by way of Lauren Rosewarne, a commonly released specialist within the components of contemporary media, pop culture, gender, and sexuality
Read Online or Download Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes PDF
Best popular culture books
It is a biography of the arguable and flamboyant 19th century health practitioner Francis Tumblety. The doctor’s exploits comprise arrests for complicity within the Lincoln assassination, promoting abortion medicinal drugs, killing sufferers, indecent attack, and scrutiny as a potential suspect within the “Jack the Ripper” murders.
American citizens are nonetheless fascinated about the romantic inspiration of the "noble savage," but comprehend little in regards to the genuine local peoples of North the USA. This two-volume paintings seeks to therapy that via studying stereotypes and celebrating the real cultures of yankee Indians at the present time. • Contributions from forty seven exclusive students, writers, performers, and curators—both local and non-Native—from the us and Canada• images of latest powwows, historic figures, indigenous structure, and modern and old paintings• A complete bibliography on the finish of every bankruptcy
The activities of Europe and the U.S. have been imitated and assimilated and have become symbols of nationwide and cosmopolitan id. This paintings examines the nationwide and overseas value of recreation and its function in shaping post-millennium international culture.
Via rap and hip hop, entertainers have supplied a voice wondering and tough the sanctioned view of society. interpreting the ethical and social implications of Kanye West's paintings within the context of Western civilization's preconceived principles, the individuals think about how West either demanding situations spiritual and ethical norms and propagates them.
- Intercultural Economic Analysis: Theory and Method
- The Culture Struggle
- The Secret History of Domesticity: Public, Private, and the Division of Knowledge (Director's Circle Book)
- Dangerous Games: What the Moral Panic over Role-Playing Games Says about Play, Religion, and Imagined Worlds
- Self-Help and Popular Religion in Early American Culture: An Interpretive Guide: v. 1 (American Popular Culture)
Additional resources for Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes
Cyberbullies, Cyberactivists, Cyberpredators: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes: Film, TV, and Internet Stereotypes by Lauren Rosewarne
- Download PDF by David Tully: Terry Southern and the American Grotesque
- Get The Modern Social Conflict: The Politics of Liberty PDF