By Emad Qayed
- In modern busy and fast paced international, there's a nice desire for a clinically orientated and accomplished GI assessment ebook that's easy and to the point.
- Gastroenterology scientific Focus has concise summaries of the main correct basic gastroenterology and hepatology topics.
- The content material specializes in the prognosis and administration of GI disorders.
- There is a robust emphasis at the following facets of the specialty:
- The latest developments in gastroenterology.
- Current perform guidance to augment sufferer care.
- High-yield issues for the GI boards.
- Target readers:
- GI trainees
- Practicing gastroenterologists
- GI midlevel providers
- Residents on GI and hepatology seek advice rotations
Book positive factors:
- Summarized information within the type of easy-to-read bulleted textual content, tables, figures, and illustrations. The textual content covers all points of GI illness, together with pathophysiology, scientific presentation, prognosis (radiology, pathology, and endoscopy) and administration.
- "Guideline highlight” sections are offered initially of many issues. those highlights reference the present guideline(s) and supply a scannable QR code for speedy entry to the loose textual content of the rule of thumb out of your cellphone or tablet.
- "Study highlight" sections are awarded in the course of the publication. those highlights describe vital medical reviews that deal with the categorical subject provided within the text.
- More than 20 endoscopic instructing video clips embedded in QR codes that may be instantly accessed with a wireless-enabled cellphone or a capsule. movies reveal very important endoscopic findings in addition to healing techniques.
- Gastroenterology medical Focus is your best selection for GI forums, in-training and recertification examination preparation.
- Beyond conventional board overview, this publication will improve your wisdom of gastroenterology and help you higher take care of sufferers on your day-by-day GI scientific practice.
By Pramote Laoprasert
750 EEG tracings give you the visible assistance you want to diagnose pediatric seizure activity
Atlas of Pediatric EEG will end up to be a necessary visible connection with for either the amateur and skilled neurologist. For these new to the sphere, it's going to support improve the development popularity talents essential to diagnose pediatric seizure task. for knowledgeable neurologists, it offers a operating selection of recognized styles to which they could evaluate their very own tracings.
Atlas of Pediatric EEG includes a full-color presentation, easy-to-read bulleted bankruptcy textual content, and distinctive legends lower than every one tracing that offer an entire description and prognosis of what's noticeable within the tracing. Chapters additionally comprise case examples that upload medical relevance to the tracings. This special atlas covers all sorts of seizure, either epileptic and non-epileptic and divided into 9 chapters:
- Normal and Benign Varients
- Focal Nonepileptoform Activity
- Generalized Noneplileptiform Activity
- Epileptic Encephalopathy
- Generalized Epilepsy
- Focal Epilepsy
Also integrated is a spouse DVD containing a hundred ninety videos to help you in studying find out how to interpret video-EEG, that is swiftly changing into the most typical modality for EEG.
Download e-book for kindle: Pediatric Hematology-Oncology in Countries with Limited by Daniela Cristina Stefan,Carlos Rodriguez-Galindo
By Daniela Cristina Stefan,Carlos Rodriguez-Galindo
Pediatric Hematology-Oncology in international locations with constrained Resources is the one ebook of its sort to supply particular counsel appropriate to restricted source settings and builds up from the root of physician or normal pediatrician competence. Written and edited via leaders within the box, this guide educates physicians at the crucial elements of the self-discipline, filtered throughout the adventure of experts from constructing international locations, with fast applicability within the particular healthcare setting in those countries.
By Trevor G. Cooper
By Jonathan Lorenz,Jonathan M. Lorenz
By Harry Whitaker
By H. Randolph Bailey,Michael J. Snyder
By David J. Moliterno,Steen Dalby Kristensen,Raffaele De Caterina
Managing sufferers with thrombotic vascular affliction is advanced and challenging:
- Ischemic vascular illness is still a classy interaction of atherosclerosis and thrombosis—even with the evolution in our realizing of the pathobiology of thrombosis.
- There has been super progress in healing ideas that are quick discovering their position in day-by-day perform, together with a striking enlargement within the variety of intravenous and oral antithrombotic brokers and new antiplatelet agents
Now greater than ever, all cardiologists, hematologists, and experts in vascular drugs, in addition to different pros, corresponding to health center pharmacists, who care for analysis and intervention in fighting thrombosis, want a source that distills present wisdom of this significant subject.
Written and edited by means of today’s prime foreign, Therapeutic Advances in Thrombosis, 2e offers physicians with the very newest in clinical and surgical advances in antithrombotic cures. With this comprehensively up to date variation you get:
- Coverage of almost all elements of venous and arterial thrombotic illness and the corresponding therapies
- Strategies to control particular medical stipulations and the way to tailor remedy to person sufferer needs
- Updated chapters masking thrombolysis in ST-elevated myocardial infarctions; thrombosis in sufferers with diabetes, being pregnant, and renal dysfunction
- Special emphasis at the pharmacology of novel anticoagulants and their sensible use in venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation.
Plus, all chapters totally discover scientific trial designs and results for specific remedy treatments, in addition to comprise the suitable ACC/AHA/ESC directions, so that you can optimistically follow what you learn.
By Elliot Jacob PhD.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) often referred to as Stein-Leventhal syndrome or useful ovarian hyperandrogenism, is a fancy endocrine ailment linked to a long term loss of ovulation (anovulation) and an way over androgens (male hormones, e.g., testosterone).
The disease is characterised through the formation of 8 or extra follicular cysts of 10 mm or smaller within the ovaries, a approach with regards to the ovary's failure to liberate an egg (ovum). PCOS is without doubt one of the so much common factors of infertility.
Symptoms may well comprise a number of menstrual difficulties, hirsutism (excessive physique or facial hair), endocrine abnormalities, zits, weight problems, infertility, diabetes with insulin resistance or hyperinsulinemia. no matter if particular signs will not be inflicting an instantaneous challenge, PCOS could have major long term results, together with diabetes, middle ailment, and endometrial or breast melanoma, so looking remedy is critical.
PCOS remedy judgements depend upon signs, age, even if the sufferer desires to develop into pregnant, and the measure of ovarian, adrenal and androgen extra. First line administration contains nutrition amendment, weightloss and pressure aid on account that weight problems and rigidity can give a contribution to androgen extra. different administration and remedy techniques are directed at addressing particular signs (i.e. pimples, extra hair progress, menstrual difficulties, infertility) and at combating long term problems, provided that PCOS can commence in formative years or earlier.
Some PCOS indicators (acne, menstrual irregularity) may perhaps impact physique photo and vanity, and will be of outrage, specifically in adolescent women. schooling and aid are very important in supporting younger ladies deal with the actual and mental features of PCOS.
Learn extra through ordering your MediFocus Guidebook on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, the main accomplished, up to date resource of data on hand. you'll get solutions for your questions, including:
* What are the danger components of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
* What commonplace and substitute treatment plans are available?
* the place are the best medical professionals, hospitals and scientific facilities focusing on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome learn and treatment?
* What are the result of the most recent scientific trials?
* the place are the help teams and extra assets in my area?
* What are the promising new remedies at the horizon?
You will not locate this mix of data anyplace else. Your future health issues. do not depart it to probability. Arm your self with the main finished, updated learn to be had by means of ordering your MediFocus Guidebook today.
By SCHEIN MOSHE,Paul Rogers,Ahmad Assalia
Emergency stomach surgical procedure is a battleground for the health professional - delivering character-building reviews, and possibilities for triumph and catastrophe. In the third edition of this 'simple' booklet, emergency stomach surgical procedure is mentioned in an off-the-cuff and no nonsense style - as practiced within the 'trenches' of the ER and the OR. the popular procedure for a given state of affairs is mentioned in context; it has to satisfy sure necessities: retailer lives, lessen morbidity, be economical and be played adequately.